With over 600,000 games and applications, it’s easy to see why so many people love Google Play. However, as someone with a lot of games and apps on his phone, you’ll soon find yourself dealing with a lack of device space. During this time, you’re going to need to start deleting some data off of your phone to free up some room.
Fortunately, I’ve got everything you need to learn how to delete game data from a Google Play account.
How to Delete Game Data From a Google Play Account
In the past, it was impossible to delete individual game data from your phone. Now, Google makes this incredibly simple. To delete game data from Google Play, grab either your phone or tablet and follow these four simple steps to learn how to delete game data from a Google Play account.
- Find the Play Games app. Here’s what it looks like
- After opening the Play Games app, tap on the “More” section, which looks like this
- Select the “Settings” option and tap the “Delete Play Games account & data” option.
- Find the game you’re wanting to delete data for and select the “Delete” option.
How to Remove a Game From Your Phone
If you’re just wanting to delete a game or app from your Android phone, it’s much easier. All you need to do is:
- Find the app or game on your Home screen.
- Hold your finger over the app or game for a few seconds.
- A menu should pop up with an option that says Uninstall.
- Select Uninstall and confirm you want to delete the game.
After you confirm that you want to remove the game, it should begin the uninstall process. During this time, make sure you don’t turn off your phone as it might cause internal damage. It’s also a good idea to avoid deleting lots of games while your phone is on low battery.
Organizing Games on Your Phone Into Folders
Another mini tip I wanted to include is how to organize the games on your phone into sub-folders. You might be aware of how to do this. But, if not, it’s a great way to organize a phone with lots of games and apps on it.
To do this, tap and hold an app you’re wanting to place in a new folder. In a moment, you’ll see a menu appear at the top of your phone screen. An option on the right will say Create Folder. Tap the Create Folder option and you’ll be able to create a name this new folder.
Doing this is an awesome way to organize apps and games. I also use it to organize games by genre.
Removing Game Save Data From Your Google Play Games App
You might not want to remove all of a game’s data from your phone. Instead, you might just want to remove save data. This is great for starting games over. Certain Google Play games allow you to do this within an Options menu. However, this option isn’t always a possibility.
Some games use cloud data which means that your saves will remain on your phone, even after deleting the game. This can become quite frustrating for someone who just wants to start a game over. Fortunately, there’s a way to get around this issue. Here’s how to do it.
- Go to the settings menu on your phone or tablet.
- Navigate to either Google or Settings > Accounts > Google (depending on what version of Android your phone or tablet is running)
- Find the Connected Apps setting, which shows you all games connected to your Google Play account.
- Tap on the game you’re wanting to delete save data and select “Disconnect”
How to Delete a Google Play Games Account
Instead of wanting to delete a single game, you might be trying to delete an entire Google Play Games account. Be warned that the account you’re deleting will no longer be accessible. Essentially, this is like completely resetting your Google Play data. No more saves, no more achievements, no more unlocked items.
If you want to do this, it’s also fairly simple.
- Open the setting menu on your Android phone
- Find and tap on the Accounts option
- Tap on the account associated with your Google Play account
- Find and tap the Remove Account option
- Confirm you want to remove the account
It’s important to note that doing this will remove your account. This means that all games associated with this account will also be removed from your phone or tablet. Considering that, deleting a Google Play games account is only something you should do when you’re ready to remove everything associated with an account.
Wrapping Things Up
We all love downloading and playing games on Google Play accounts. However, there comes a time when you need to free up some space. By following the mini-guides above, you should be able to remove what you need to. Make sure to check out Mobile Game Help for more tips and tutorials.